For centuries, fireplaces have been used to improve both the appearance and comfort of our living rooms. Whilst traditional fireplaces require burning coals or logs to heat up the room, modern fireplaces offer the same aesthetic but with added benefits. The world of electric fireplaces is known to be ever-changing, with new features constantly being added. As we start moving into the colder months, many of us are thinking about ways we can transform and update our homes whilst retaining the same levels of comfort. With this in mind, a media wall fire could be a welcomed addition to your home.
Essentially, a media wall fireplace is an electric fireplace that has been installed as part of a media wall. These media wall fireplaces are usually designed with three-sided, glass-fronted fuel beds, meaning that you and your guests will be able to view the flames from any angle in your living room.
If you think it’s time to move away from your gas fireplace and convert to a more modern approach, this guide from Fireplace Superstore will provide you with advice on what to look for in a media wall fire!
What are The Benefits of Media Wall Electric Fires?
Whilst traditional gas fireplaces may be renowned for their ability to enhance the comfortability and cosiness of our homes, there are exclusive benefits that come with owning a media wall fire that a traditional gas fireplace cannot offer. Here are just some of the benefits of owning a media wall fire:
- Appearance – It could be proposed that the main benefit of a media wall electric fire is its appearance. Not only does it look really impressive once it has been set up, but it also allows you to hide all the wires from your electric appliances out of sight. By incorporating the fireplace with your television, it means you’re able to really breathe some life back into your living area whilst organising all of the cables and wires.
- Space-Saving – We’ve already mentioned how electrical wires can be hidden with the addition of a media wall, but another benefit of a media wall is that it doesn’t take up much more space than a usual TV stand. Additional storage space can also be added to a media wall such as drawers, shelves and cupboards, meaning that you’re able to add some further details to your living area.
- Versatile – A benefit of media wall electric fires that can often go under the radar is its versatility. For the most part, you are not constrained by which room a media wall can be installed in. Whether you’re looking to add this permanent feature to a lounge, living room, study or bedroom, you’re able to do so!
What Types of Fires Can Be Used in a Media Wall Fire?
When investing in a media wall fire, it’s important to consider the types of fires that can be used. Traditional fireplaces often use gas or solid fuels, electric fireplaces generate heating by using two components; a fan-forced heater or an infrared heater. Fan forced heaters pulls cool air into the fire, which is then passed over a heating element. This heat is then radiated back into the room once the air has passed over the heating element. This type of heating is most commonly found with electric fireplaces because the heat is emitted directly outwards, rather than upwards. This method is perfect for media wall fires because it means that your TV does not become damaged.
Infrared heaters are different to fan-forced haters because they use a quartz bulb to generate the heat. Another heating option for media walls are evonic fires. This electric fire option is considered to be the most modern and contemporary built-in fire system which is known for its changeable LED’s, flame projection technology and realistic smoke effects. If you’re looking for a fireplace that looks the real deal, then an evonic fire could be the perfect choice for you. With flickering flames and log-burning effects, electric fires enable you to make your space more cosy and inviting.
At Fireplace Superstore, we know how important it is to have a living area that you can take pride in. That’s why we provide media wall fires that will enhance the appearance of your living area. Whether it be a free-standing electric fire or a hole-in-the-wall electric fire, we’ve got you covered.
What’s The Best Fireplace For My Media Wall?
When it comes to a media wall, the fireplace is arguably the most defining feature. Placed just below the television, it’s important that you select the best fireplace for your media wall. Here are just a few considerations you should make when choosing a fireplace for your media wall.
Think About Sizing
Most media walls have a fireplace and television installed, therefore it’s important that you select sizes that actually fit. For instance, it would be extremely infuriating if you purchased a big television, yet you were left with no room to actually install the fireplace too.
As aforementioned, there are several options in relation to what heat your fireplace produces. The output of the heat is often dependent on the type and model of the fireplace, meaning you need to select one that is most appropriate for your needs. It is recommended that you should invest in a fireplace that produces heat from the front heater because this means the heat will be evenly distributed throughout your living room.
Although the main purpose of the fireplace is to actually heat up the room, other safety considerations must be made to prevent fires from breaking out. For instance, heat can be dangerous when close to cables and wires. In this instance, you can either check the clearance of your fireplace by checking the manufacturer guide or by asking your fireplace installation company for further advice.
What To Look For in an Indoor Fireplace Installation Company
Although it’s important to understand what media wall fire is most suitable for you and your home, it’s just as important to enlist the help of a fireplace installation company that are professional and reputable.
Here are just a few things you should look out for in an indoor fireplace installation company:
- Experience is Key – Just like most things, experience plays a crucial role in the outcome of a project, and that’s no different when it comes to media wall fire installation. Opting for a company that has a wealth of experience and knowledge under their belts means that you’ll be receiving the best service possible. Every home is different which means that every installation will be different too, and therefore you’ll want to select a company that has seen it all and knows how to tackle any situation.
- Modern Showroom – There is no doubt that you’ll want to see the final version of the media wall fire before investing yourself, which is why you’ll want to visit a showroom beforehand. At Fireplace Superstore, our showroom in Cheadle Hulme has over one hundred and fifty live displays, meaning you can see exactly what we have on offer.
- Explore their Gallery – Another way of gaining an insight into how a company’s fireplaces can rejuvenate your living space is by exploring their gallery page. It also means you’re able to see photographic evidence of how they have transformed a living area without physically visiting the showroom.
- Advice and Support – When it comes to fireplaces, it can be difficult to determine which is the best product for you and your home. In this instance, it’s best that you choose a supplier who can advise you on what fireplace would best suit you. It’s important that you look for a manufacturer who puts your requirements first and offers a solution that is aligned with your needs. They should also be able to offer advice and support after the fireplace has been installed. Undoubtedly, you’ll want a fireplace that stands the test of time. This is why you’ll want to enlist the help of a company that provides professional servicing and reliable repairs.
Fireplace Superstore, The Experts in Gas Fireplaces and Quality Electric Fireplaces
If you’re looking for a company that specialises in fireplace installation, repairs and servicing, then look no further than Fireplace Superstore. Whether you’re looking for a wall gas fire or a hang-on-the-wall electric fireplace, we’re the team for you. We fully appreciate how important it is to have a home that is both comfortable and aesthetically pleasing, which is why we provide modern fireplaces that are guaranteed to enhance your living space. You can see our extensive range of fireplaces by visiting our local showroom in Cheadle Hulme or by browning our online collection! No matter what your style, budget or space is, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a fireplace that doesn’t perfectly suit your home! Simply get in touch with our expert team today!