This chimneypiece exemplifies Soane’s unique ability to re-interpret classical form and produce a design of stunning modernity. The inverted bow to the pilasters and stylised Greek Key motif could only have been conceived by Soane. The chimneypiece was originally commissioned for a property in Grosvenor Square, London in 1803.
- Finished in Statuary Marble
- Overall size 60″ (1524mm) W x 43 1/2″ (1106mm) H
- Opening 40″ (1016mm) W x 37 1/4″ (945mm) H
- Shelf 63 7/8″ (1624mm) L x 9 7/8″ (250mm) D
- Depth of jamb 7 1/2″ (192mm)
- Height of footblock 5″ (127mm)